Saturday, 24 January 2015
Five Things I Wish I Knew Back Then When We Were Twenty-Something.
Boy, would I have saved my pretty young head a whole lot of anxieties and my dear MGM a whole load of nagging! Lol!
Seriously though , ever since my MGM turned Golden I've been doing a lot of traveling back down our memory lane. I just have to thank God for our lives because there is no controversy. It is God that has kept us. I was so foolish. He was so young. Too young maybe. I was 24 and he was 27. And as much as we were in love and had great plans for our future, we also drove each other mad! Lol! Here are the five things I wish I had known back then about him, marriage and life:
1. The crazy, break-neck speed at which your young husband drives today? You shall see no more once he hits mid-40s. Yes, the so called 'defensive' driving skills he bragged about then that nearly made you hypertensive will lose all appeal and incredible but true, you will hear him say the words "Where is he flying to?' as some young guy zaps by your car at the speed of lightning on your way back from church. Lol! So, all I should have concentrated on was prayer for a long enough life! Thankfully, I must have done so in the midst of all the nagging and yelling and threatening not to wear my seat belt so 'you can just kill me now with your speeding' rants. Lol!
2. You will never be his sister or his mom. Don't even try. Just be you. The one he chose to marry. Ugh! I'm ashamed about how much time I spent praying to have the same bond he had with Nana and Audrey! Who does that? Me, apparently. The foolish wife. The man has put a ring on your finger, choosing you above every other woman he has met thus far and what do you want? You want him to compliment you the way he does his sister! You want him to eat your food the same way he eats his mother's! Today, I love it when he connects with them because now I realise it was never about me. It takes nothing away from us. In fact it adds to the quality of our family bond. Now, I pray for my FBS to feel the same about his sister and me of course! Lol! And for God to give him a wife that will not get it twisted.
3. You really don't have to know every single itsy bitsy thought going on his head. Goodness! How I wanted this! It's crazy really but I thought because I gave him a reel by reel account of my day, he had to reciprocate. Mostly, all I got was one of these words: 'tough, busy, hard day' followed by what am I eating and zzzzzzzzz.....lol! Sometimes, he fell asleep while eating! Today, you know what? It really doesn't matter to me how his day went. Have I stopped caring? Is sharing and communication no longer important? No and no! I still care and sharing and communicating are still important. It's just that the fact that he survived the day, did what he could and is back home safe and sound is a tad more important to me now. And truth is, I mostly get to know stuff I need to know anyway....
4. This thing you are calling jealousy is actually a sign that he cares deeply for you. Honestly? I actually think we were both jealous somebodis back then. It just manifested differently. Today, though, by God's grace, I've come to understand that, in a good man doing his best now to know and please God, what appears to be the green eyed monster is more a fierce desire to protect what's yours from the evil out there in the world. Yes, roll your eyes if you like but that's my super true story and I'm sticking to it. Lol! But seriously, my MGM is my knight in shining armour and his eyes are not green. Does it still irk me sometimes that he tries to 'baby me?'. Yes....but. In my quiet moments it makes me feel blessed. Call me a sap. I can live with that. Lol!
5. God will arrest your husband in his own good time. Just pray for mercy over his life and stop trying to nag holiness into him! Chei! This is one for all young Christian wives. It's clear that we women come into spiritual maturity faster than our husbands mostly....plus there are some biblical principles that their sharp, intelligent minds will never grasp by your grammar. Just be the wife God has called you to be and leave God to use his spirit on your hubby. Better than any jazz out there. Lol! If I could see my husband back then as he is today spiritually? I would have taken a chill pill. Instead of losing sleep over my 'heathen husband'. Lol!
Ah.......so funny. I totally enjoyed doing this blog because it gingers my gratitude levels no end. We have really come a long way, my MGM and I. And I firmly believe our Greater is just round the corner. It's my prayer that something you read has blessed you too. Even if it just made you smile....am missing my Papa so much in the run up to his one year anniversary and all of this just helps me a whole lot to stay in a place of thanksgiving.
PapaGod, thank you so much. I hide my testimony in your Secret Place where no evil eye can see it. Bless the reader who is praying this right now. Fill their hearts with gratitude like never before. Breath your uncreated life into them right now to empower them to live their best lives now! Help all of us to be most satisfied in you...so that you can be most glorified in our lives. In Jesus name. Amen!
Yes, such is the world we now live in. It is not a matter of IF your young child will be exposed to pornography in some form or the ...
Ki lonwo? What are you looking at? Koju si waju! Face your front! Lol! Now, first of all, I have two things to say: One, I must gi...
Dear Sholly Yesterday was amazing. Like I promised you, it wasn't some stiff, follow the rules, everything must be perfe...
“PapaGod, is it that you don’t want me to know what happened? Or perhaps you are testing my patience, to see if I can trust you totally o...